Published in: مجله روانشناسی مثبت ایران، دوره: 4، شماره: 2
COI code: JR_IJPOP-4-2_004
Paper Language: English
How to Download This Paper
For Downloading the Fulltext of CIVILICA papers please visit the orginal Persian Section of website.
Authors Test and validity of Emotional Intelligence Model with Social adjustment in StudentsSedigheh Torbat - General Manager of General Psychology, Bandar Abbas Branch, Islamic Azad University, Bandar Abbas, Iran
Iqbal Zarei - Associate Professor, Faculty Member, Hormozgan University, Bandar Abbas, Iran
Abstract:This research aimed to test the role of emotional intelligence in relation to social adjustment in 2nd Secondary Education Students in Bandar Abbas. The method of this research was descriptive and correlational. The statistical population consisted of 1790 of secondary school students in Bandar Abbas. Based on the Cochran formula, a sample of 316 (138 boys and 178 girls) was determined by multistage cluster sampling. To collect the data, Petrides and Furnham (2006) Emotional Intelligence Inventory, and Sinha and Singh (1993) Social Adjustment, were used. Data were analyzed by using correlation analysis. The findings indicated the significant relation between emotional intelligence and social adjustment in 2nd Secondary Education Students in Bandar Abbas. The model was fitted in the research based on the structural equation model and the results showed that the proposed model has a good fitness to the data of this research (1.028 = x2 / df, 0.992 = GFI, 0.009 = RMSEA) and emotional intelligence directly affects social compatibility.
Keywords:Self-regulation, Emotional Intelligence, Social Adjustment
COI code: JR_IJPOP-4-2_004
how to cite to this paper:If you want to refer to this article in your research, you can easily use the following in the resources and references section:
Torbat, Sedigheh & Iqbal Zarei, 2017, Test and validity of Emotional Intelligence Model with Social adjustment in Students, Iranian Journal of Positive Psychology 4 (2), https://www.civilica.com/Paper-JR_IJPOP-JR_IJPOP-4-2_004.htmlInside the text, wherever referred to or an achievement of this article is mentioned, after mentioning the article, inside the parental, the following specifications are written.
First Time: (Torbat, Sedigheh & Iqbal Zarei, 2017)
Second and more: (Torbat & Zarei, 2017)
For a complete overview of how to citation please review the following CIVILICA Guide (Citation)
Research Info Management
Export Citation info of this paper to research management softwares
New Related Papers
- Prediction of life quality based on Behavioral Activator- Inhibitor Systems and adulthood hyperactivity in male drug abusers
- The structural model of customer’s psychological investment and rubbed satisfaction: mediating role of perceived risk
- Structural modeling of relationship between mindfulness and psychological well-being based on mediating role of cognitive emotion regulation strategies in women with breast cancer
- Structural pattern of the relationship between parent-child relation patterns and early maladaptive schemas with the mediating role of attachment styles
- Comparison of the effectiveness between treatment based on improving quality of life and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) on increasing happiness of female teachers
The Above articles are recently indexed in the related subjects
Iran Scientific Advertisment Netword
Share this paper
WHAT IS COI?
COI is a national code dedicated to all Iranian Conference and Journal Papers. the COI of each paper can be verified online.