COI code: SAFFRON02_022
Paper Language: English
How to Download This Paper
For Downloading the Fulltext of CIVILICA papers please visit the orginal Persian Section of website.
Authors Genetic Resources of Saffron and Allies (Crocus spp.)J.A Fernández - Laboratorio de Biotechnología, Instituto de Desarrollo Regional Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha Campus Universitario s/n
Abstract:Saffron is the highest valuable food product and one of the oldest crops and medicinal plants. Saffron crop is subject to strong genetic erosion. Until now no international institution has taken the responsibility of the creation and maintenance of a collection representative of the genetic variability of the crop and its allies. Recently, the European Commission has approved an Agri Gen Res 2005 project on “Genetic Resources of Saffron and Allies (Crocus spp.): CROCUSBANK”, coordinated by this author. The objective of our consortium, composed by 14 groups of 9 EU and non-EU countries, is to create, characterise and exploit a germplasm collection (bank) in Crocus species, including Saffron crocus. This collection is an urgent need for Saffron breeders and farmers, as pointed out in the 1st ISSBB (Albacete, Spain). The present paper explains the background, objectives, organization and technologies to be applied in the development of the project.
Keywords:bank of germplasm, biodiversity, Crocus sativus, CROCUSBANK
COI code: SAFFRON02_022
how to cite to this paper:If you want to refer to this article in your research, you can easily use the following in the resources and references section:
Fernández, J.A, 2006, Genetic Resources of Saffron and Allies (Crocus spp.), 02nd International Symposium on Saffron Biology and Technology, مشهد, دانشگاه فردوسي, https://www.civilica.com/Paper-SAFFRON02-SAFFRON02_022.htmlInside the text, wherever referred to or an achievement of this article is mentioned, after mentioning the article, inside the parental, the following specifications are written.
First Time: (Fernández, J.A, 2006)
Second and more: (Fernández, 2006)
For a complete overview of how to citation please review the following CIVILICA Guide (Citation)
Research Info Management
Export Citation info of this paper to research management softwares
New Related Papers
- Physico-chemical Properties and Aggregate Stability of Arid Soilsin Southeastern Iran
- The Effect of Compost on Release and Transport of Heavy Metals (Zn,Cu) in Soil
- Identifying of Barriers of the Private Sector in ProvidingAgricultural Services to Producers in Agricultural Sector inKhuzestan Province in Iran, Application of Factor Analysis
- Investigation of gamma irradiation on morphological characteristics and antagonist potential of Trichoderma harzianum against M. Phaseolina
- Investigation of the Effect of Compost Consumption on Residual Amount of Copper and Zinc in Soils and Evaluation of theProcess of Changes in pH and EC
The Above articles are recently indexed in the related subjects
Iran Scientific Advertisment Netword
Share this paper
WHAT IS COI?
COI is a national code dedicated to all Iranian Conference and Journal Papers. the COI of each paper can be verified online.