COI code: ICNAH01_124
Paper Language: English
How to Download This Paper
For Downloading the Fulltext of CIVILICA papers please visit the orginal Persian Section of website.
Authors Women and Nature in Toni Morrison’s The Bluest EyeNooshin Hajalilo - Department of English, Ahar Islamic Azad University, Ahar, Iran
Abstract:This paper examines Toni Morrison’s first novel, The Bluest Eye, in terms of the relation between woman and nature through the lens of ecofeminism. It attempts to show man’s domination over woman and human’s domination over nature through an ecofeminist reading of Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye. Perceiving this twin domination, the study of the text will reveal the life of an eleven year old girl, Pecola Breedlove, who is raped by her father, Cholly Breedlove. Symbolizing Pecola with nature’s quality as passive, weak, and submissive, the study focuses on the impending danger for man if woman and nature are deliberately tampered and displaced by them. This activity of willful annihilation leads to the ecological breakdown
Keywords:ecofeminism; nature; black women; oppression; domination
COI code: ICNAH01_124
how to cite to this paper:If you want to refer to this article in your research, you can easily use the following in the resources and references section:
Hajalilo, Nooshin, 2016, Women and Nature in Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye, International Conference on New Approaches to the Humanities in the 21st Century, رشت, دبيرخانه كنفرانس, https://www.civilica.com/Paper-ICNAH01-ICNAH01_124.htmlInside the text, wherever referred to or an achievement of this article is mentioned, after mentioning the article, inside the parental, the following specifications are written.
First Time: (Hajalilo, Nooshin, 2016)
Second and more: (Hajalilo, 2016)
For a complete overview of how to citation please review the following CIVILICA Guide (Citation)
Research Info Management
Export Citation info of this paper to research management softwares
New Related Papers
- Titanium dioxide nanoparticles uptake by aquatic plant Spirodela polyrrhiza and its effect onsome of physiological indices
- Design, Bioinformatics analysis and Comparative Evaluation of MPG Based Two Novel Chimeric Peptides as Nanocarriers for Gene delivery
- Synthesis and characterization of Zn doped biphasic calcium phosphate nanoparticles prepared by sol-gel method
- Novel synthesis and characterization of Fe3O4@silica-palladium nanocatalyst and investigation of their catalytic effect in degradation of some organic dyes
- Modified manganese ferrite nanoparticles as a new efficient sorbent for selective magnetic solid phase extraction-determination of sulfasalazine
The Above articles are recently indexed in the related subjects
Iran Scientific Advertisment Netword
Share this paper
WHAT IS COI?
COI is a national code dedicated to all Iranian Conference and Journal Papers. the COI of each paper can be verified online.