COI code: SEE05_383
Paper Language: English
How to Download This Paper
For Downloading the Fulltext of CIVILICA papers please visit the orginal Persian Section of website.
Authors RESTORATION OF AN OTTOMAN BATH IN GREECEGiarlelis - Consulting Engineer, OMETE SA, Asklipiou 64, Athens 11471, Greece
Abstract:The methodology applied to the restoration of the Ottoman Bath (hamam) in the city of Ioannina, Greece is presented. The monument, dating back to the beginning of 17th century, is typical example of Ottoman architecture. At present it is in ruined condition. The restoration study, based on thorough investigation of the structural system and the material properties, includes static and dynamic analyses using FEM. Dynamic analysis takes into account not only the national provisions for earthquake design but also selected actual earthquake records. The study consists of two stages. In the first, the monument at its original state is analysed, in order to evaluate the damages. In the second numerous analyses are performed, gradually increasing the degree of intervention, to determine the best proposal (minimum intervention) for restoration. The results point out the structure’s vulnerable areas and give accurate account of actual damages. Moreover, the dynamic analysis using selected records of major Greek earthquakes sheds light to the behavior of a complex monument structure under seismic loads. Overall, the methodology used could function as blueprint for interventions in similar monuments.
COI code: SEE05_383
how to cite to this paper:If you want to refer to this article in your research, you can easily use the following in the resources and references section:
Giarlelis, ; Kremezis & Spanos, 2007, RESTORATION OF AN OTTOMAN BATH IN GREECE, 05th International Conference on Seismology and Earthquake Engineering, تهران, پژوهشگاه بين المللي زلزله شناسي و مهندسي زلزله, https://www.civilica.com/Paper-SEE05-SEE05_383.htmlInside the text, wherever referred to or an achievement of this article is mentioned, after mentioning the article, inside the parental, the following specifications are written.
First Time: (Giarlelis, ; Kremezis & Spanos, 2007)
Second and more: (Giarlelis; Kremezis & Spanos, 2007)
For a complete overview of how to citation please review the following CIVILICA Guide (Citation)
Research Info Management
Export Citation info of this paper to research management softwares
New Related Papers
- Principles and challenges of fighting money laundering in Iran with emphasis on the banking system
- Evaluation of the field performance of partially swerved double tines subsoiler in two different soil textures and two levels of moisture contents(Part1)The draft force requirement and disturbed area
- Evaluation of the field performance of partially swerved double tines subsoiler in two different soil textures and two levels of moisture contents(Part 2)Specific resistance and energy utilization efficiency
- The Study on heat transfer and mass flow of fin-tube radiator in john Deere combine diesel engine with E-NTU method
- Ergonomic investigation of tea factories workers – case study: (Guilan, Iran)
The Above articles are recently indexed in the related subjects
Iran Scientific Advertisment Netword
Share this paper
WHAT IS COI?
COI is a national code dedicated to all Iranian Conference and Journal Papers. the COI of each paper can be verified online.