COI code: CBCONF01_0542
Paper Language: English
How to Download This Paper
For Downloading the Fulltext of CIVILICA papers please visit the orginal Persian Section of website.
Authors Planning Poker in cost estimation in Agile methods: Averaging Vs. ConsesnsusMaryam Shahzeydi - Computer Department, Dolat Abad Branch, Islamic Azad University Dolat Abad, Isfahan, Iran
Taghi Javdani Gandomani - IEEE member Computer Department, Boroujen Branch, Islamic Azad University Boroujen, Iran
Abstract:Software cost estimation has been always a serious concern among the software experts. Although, a few estimation models and techniques have been provided in disciplined based software methodologies, Agile methodologies most often use Planning Poker technique for software cost estimation. This technique promotes coming to consensus when suggesting size of each user requirement (known as User Story). However, most often software experts ask whether is necessary to reach to a consensus or not. They also, offer considering the average of the suggested sizes (cost) of User Stories instead of focusing on consensus on them. The main aim of this paper is to present the results of a case study research which has been carried out to compare the accuracy of both disciplines. The results shows less accuracy when team get an average of the User Stories compared to coming to consensus about the size of User Stories.
Keywords:Agile software development, Agile methods, Agile cost estimation, Planning Poker
COI code: CBCONF01_0542
how to cite to this paper:If you want to refer to this article in your research, you can easily use the following in the resources and references section:
Shahzeydi, Maryam & Taghi Javdani Gandomani, 2016, Planning Poker in cost estimation in Agile methods: Averaging Vs. Consesnsus, 1ST International Conference on Advances Research on Electrical and Computer Engineering, تهران, كنفدراسيون بين المللي مخترعان جهان (IFIA), دانشگاه جامع علمي كاربردي, https://www.civilica.com/Paper-CBCONF01-CBCONF01_0542.htmlInside the text, wherever referred to or an achievement of this article is mentioned, after mentioning the article, inside the parental, the following specifications are written.
First Time: (Shahzeydi, Maryam & Taghi Javdani Gandomani, 2016)
Second and more: (Shahzeydi & Javdani Gandomani, 2016)
For a complete overview of how to citation please review the following CIVILICA Guide (Citation)
Research Info Management
Export Citation info of this paper to research management softwares
New Related Papers
- A novel modified Glassy carbon electrode by gold nanoparticles/ L-cys/ Dibenzo-18Crown-6: Square wave voltammetry determination of Insulin human blood serum samples
- Effect of Instrumental and chemical Parameters on the response of Au/LCys/Au@-BC-Capped-C4MPN nano-structured sensor Determination of Insulin and Oxytocin in Human Blood Serum Sample
- A new polypyrrole and α-polyoxometalate composite sensor: electrochemical monitoring of folic acid in supplement and human blood serum samples
- new polypyrrole and α-polyoxometalate composite sensor: electrochemical monitoring of folic acid in supplement and human blood serum samples
- The effect of sulphate salts on the salting-out effect and phase separation in aqueous solutions of poly ethylene glycol and sulphate salts at 298.15 and 308.15 K.
The Above articles are recently indexed in the related subjects
Iran Scientific Advertisment Netword
Share this paper
WHAT IS COI?
COI is a national code dedicated to all Iranian Conference and Journal Papers. the COI of each paper can be verified online.